H&R Block Customers: Unsure Where Your Stimulus Money Is? We’re Here to Help
In addition, the
“The second stimulus payment will provide much-needed relief to people,” said
Information to help track a stimulus check includes:
- Many second stimulus payments were deposited on Emerald Cards. All second stimulus payments that
H&R Blockwas able to process were immediately deposited on to H&R Block’s Emerald Prepaid Mastercard® or to customers’ bank accounts, depending upon how 2019 tax refunds were received. Emerald Cardcustomers can call 1-866-353-1266 and receive stimulus payment information by entering the last four digits of their Emerald Cardaccount. All other customers can call 1-800-HRBLOCK and by using a Social Securitynumber, may be able to receive automated second stimulus payment information.
- You may not recognize an account number. If the
IRS Get My Paymentwebsite displays an account number a customer doesn’t recognize, H&R Blockcustomer service agents are ready to help and may be able to provide additional information.
- Wait times may be long. This week, customers may experience increased wait times to speak with an
H&R Blockcustomer service agent. Questions may also be sent via Twitter to @HRBlockAnswers, but customers should not include personal information in these questions.
- Some second stimulus payments were returned to the
IRS. All financial institutions are required to return second stimulus payments in certain circumstances, such as when they are sent to a closed account. In these cases, payments were returned to the IRSand a check is likely to be sent by the IRS. This affected less than 1% of second stimulus payments processed by H&R Block.
- Changes can be reconciled at tax time. For those who did not receive the first stimulus payment, believe they did not receive their full stimulus payment amount, or had changes in their circumstances, such as the birth of a baby, a Recovery Rebate Credit can be claimed when 2020 taxes are filed this year. Save any letters received from the
IRSabout stimulus checks. At tax time, H&R Blocktax pros can help people claim any possible additional stimulus payments when filing a 2020 tax return.
To estimate a second stimulus payment, visit hrblock.com/stimulus and for additional second stimulus details and frequently asked questions visit the H&R Block Coronavirus Resource Hub at hrblock.com/tax-center/coronavirus-tax-impact.
Source: HRB Tax Group, Inc.