H&R Block is a global consumer tax services provider, having prepared more than 750 million tax returns since 1955. In fiscal year 2017, H&R Block:
· Prepared 23.0 million tax returns worldwide, including 1 in every 7 U.S. tax returns.
· Generated just over $3.0 billion in revenue.
· Improved EBITDA margin by over 300 basis points to 29.8%.
· Delivered earnings per share of $1.96, the highest level in over a decade.
· Returned over $500 million in capital to shareholders, including a 10% increase in the quarterly dividend.
Tax return preparation services are provided in approximately 12,000 company-owned and franchise retail tax offices worldwide by professional tax preparers, and through H&R Block digital do-it-yourself products. H&R Block also offers affordable financial products and services to its clients.